Tuesday, June 24, 2008

laundry lesson

Saturday night we had our curfew extented from 7pm to 9pm which was awesome, thank Jim for that. We cooked a bunch of random food like banana pancakes, guacamole, bruchetta, scrambled eggs, popcorn, salsa and tortia chips at the SED training school. I brought the syrup because I packed plenty and it

I recieved a lesson in washing clothes too. At first I told my 14 year old sister that I'd be fine doing it by myself, so while she was doing her laundry, she had a good laugh at watching me attempt to clean my own clothes. Not an easy thing by hand! And to conserve water at the same time. I was making no progress, except getting myself wet, so she came over and helped me. I watched Bad Boys 2 (or Mauvaise Garcon deux) in french with my 19 year old brother Patou, who loved it. He also says to say hello to everyone I know in the states whenever I say I'm going to send an email. Hopefully I'll get some pics of the family up soon.

I love all of your comments and emails that you left too! Alicia- An ABP vanilia latte sounds AMAZING, you're going to have to enjoy them for me, until I get back to DC and go to the one on M and 19th because they're just the best there. Amy- I'm glad you made it safe to work because of things like traffic and safetly laws, legitamit roads, and mostlikely not with a car that's older than 1988 held together with crazy glue. Lol seriously. And to all of my family I'm so glad you are all reading the blog and the other PCVs blogs! I love all of your positive and encouraging comments. Hopefully I'm able to give you an idea of what my life is like here.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Hey Girl,
Now you can really have a night out. You have the same curfew as Analesa now. How am I going to encourge her to come home early?
Glad to see you eating so well. Maple syrup is your liquid gold. Enjoy it.
We actually had a day without rain. We look forward to 80's weather.
Love
Mom

Poofleia said...

I did have a little giggle at the picture of Siobhan just getting drenched with her clothes strewn about her while a 14 yr old African giggled at her too.

I think its appreciating the little differences in life like doing laundry that can be the funniest.

Luann said...

First of all HELLO to Patou! How sweet of him!

Well now you can wash your clothes and bath at the same time.
Love Jim's blog, he cracks me up! I was lol.
Look forward to seeing photos of your host family.
Info for folks in the States.
1. Check out Justcallingcards.com - great low prices on international calling cards.
2. If you plan to send a package to Africa put religous sticker or verbage on it. "God Bless You" etc. For some reason there is a better chance of it arriving.

"Days are scrolls: write on them only what you want remembered."

Be well
Love Aunt Lu